Tuesday 25 June 2019

Day 6 - 176 -- Wonderful Day

What a great day! I did a few things around the house and then went to get groceries -- in the middle of the day! I'm retired, I can do that now <grin>. When I got home, the day was so bright and sunny -- but not too hot with the north breeze -- that I decided to do some yardwork. I cut back some of the ferns that had grown closer to the hosta than I like. So many weeds and tree seedlings appeared after the major rains of the past few weeks. I pulled many of these. Then I tackled pruning and using loppers on tree suckers and deadwood in some otherwise healthy trees.  When I came back into the house, my heartbeat was up and I felt like I'd had a good workout. I had planned to go for a walk, but this was more productive in the end. Early evening involved making edits and returning the manuscript to the editor. I think it is now heading to the publisher. <smile> Files for the research meetings this week were reviewed and organized -- somewhat. Overall, this has been a productive day.

Getting things done and being productive can bring positive thoughts and feelings. A day with less anxiety is a good day. Where the motivation to get things done is a mystery. It would be nice to know where to look for it some days. I'm also not sure I want to question things too closely, but just accept that days are going to be different. They all will require some coping strategies, so perhaps living in the moment would be best rather than trying to repeat this great Tuesday. Dwelling on a good or a bad day and trying to rebuild or not rebuild it, likely leaves us looking forward or backwards and missing all the good stuff all around us right now.

A song with sentiments that match this day is shared tonight. The New Jersey band provides an up tempo tune that is somewhat guitar forward. Enjoy!

Groovy Tuesday -- The Smithereens



No comments:

Post a Comment