Saturday 15 June 2019

Day 6- 165 -- Importance of Others

Today brought feelings of being lost and disconnected. Anxiety about writing could be part of this. Many colleagues and friends aren't on campus as regularly at this time of year, so it is quieter -- great for working, but less so for the social connections needed to function well. I attended a retirement fete for a short while. It was held in a refurbished building. The space seems much smaller and divided up more, but the windows bring in such great light. Everyone one I spoke to felt positive about their new spaces with some small details that can be fixed easily.  Getting used to a new space can be challenging for one, but for an eight floor building many little things can mushroom into larger complaints.  We'll see how things go. For now all seems well.

I spent time talking with friends and then went to the pub with them for a drink and supper. Just being with people I know helped me to feel more whole. Lots on the home weekend to do list prepared tonight. I look forward to getting through a number of domestic tasks and preparing paperwork for next week. I hope to fit in a movie, too.

Realizing what a difference friends and colleagues made today took me to a new song. Now I have used another song from this artist already this week, but I so love this new album I am going to share a second selection today. This is the title cut from the album with lyrics that present the importance of others in our lives (and vice versa). Enjoy!

We Get By -- Mavis Staples ft. Ben Harper


No comments:

Post a Comment