Saturday 15 June 2019

Day 6 - 163 -- Lost Routines

I went to the office for the first time in a week today. Life has been busy but a bit of a break away from the usual routine. The plan was to ease back into that customary flow. One meeting helped, but other than that and clearing e-mail, little moved forward today. I suspect that I missed a word from two sentences back -- "ease" -- and felt I should just be back to usual without a slower adjustment. Interesting that I don't give myself that benefit or kindness. Instead, I felt frustrated that I didn't get down to the work due in two week. <sigh>.

Being away from home or the office for a few days can be refreshing. Getting a new perspective brings relaxation. However, all the work at the office and home is still waiting when we return. That may bring some anxiety and rapidly remove the relaxed feeling. This pattern occurs regularly, but can create disappointment when it happens. Learning from past patterns might mitigate such letdowns. Facing a realistic return situation ahead of time could help with negative emotions, but this will take some work. It seems we want to escape daily routines, so we may not choose to think of what awaits our return fearing it may take the fun out of being away. This is definitely a conflicted situation.

Lyrics of the selection of the day cover the conflicted feelings humans often have. The song does this with a very relaxing sound -- a bluesy style with one amazing voice.  Enjoy!

Just Ain't Easy -- Allman Brothers Band


No comments:

Post a Comment