Saturday 15 June 2019

Day 6 - 166 -- Endurance Contest

The Google doodle today celebrated the jingle dress and dance. The doodle was commissioned from an Ojibwe artist. These dresses have small metal cones attached so that they jingle with movement. The sound has been likened to raindrops on a tin roof. There is a bell-like quality to the jingle that sounds amazing when a group of women are dancing together. Competitive dancing occurs at powwows across Canada and the USA. Years ago, I worked with a woman who danced. The dress and dance symbolize the power of indigenous women. This doodle made me smile today and recall the powwows I attended when living on the prairies.

My day involved the usual Saturday chores. The one difference was the blog. I had notes and full blog posts written for the past week, but didn't get time to type and post with a song. So, today I did the last five blogs in order to get caught up. This fit well with the quiet Saturday at home. I am pleased to get things up to date and will need to find time when traveling in the future, so as not to get so far behind. Readers have nothing to read, which shows in the metrics for the week or two that follows even missing a day or two. I apologize to those who follow the blog for now there are numerous posts for a single day, which could take more of your time to catch up.

I light of the blog writing marathon today, only one song hit my consciousness here. It is by a Canadian band whose front man has a recognizable voice. Enjoy!

Marathon -- Rush


No comments:

Post a Comment