Friday 21 June 2019

Day 6 - 172 -- Electronic Monotony

Today was  brought to you by the word 'tedium.'  Working on the laptop, I'd hoped to get through the minutia of formatting references for an article. However, before that began, I had to respond to a couple of e-mail messages. While checking the 'sent mail' I chose to empty the 'deleted items.' when I checked the inbox, nothing was there. So, yes, somehow -- and I'm blaming the mouse in the middle of the keyboard for this one <smile> -- I deleted the inbox. After a very loud sigh, I began the numbing task of moving these back to the inbox. There are always a lot of things in the inbox, since I park things there that need attention. Only then do they move to another folder for keeping or deleting. Today, I moved most back to the inbox as well as other folders. The rest were truly deleted. This little error took just over 2 hours to fix. Once that was done, I began finding the needed references for the article and getting the citation format correct in the text of the paper. That took much longer than repopulating the inbox. I still need to reformat the reference list. I left that for tomorrow. 

The work of the day was mind-numbing to say the least. It wasn't truly boring, but tedious, repetitive tasks. I felt fatigued with eyes that needed a rest when I finally put it away for the day. I'm disappointed that the whole project wasn't completed today as planned. There is another aspect of the project that I had planned for the weekend -- something that sounded like fun. I will try to approach it all with a positive attitude rather than the 'just get this done' feeling I have right now. I'm sure the end product would be better with a good approach.<smile> 

A song lyric that addresses my need to refocus before finishing the project is shared today. The rhythm and melody provide an upbeat sound to match the advice of the lyrics. Enjoy! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment