Monday 9 September 2019

Day 6 - 251 -- Seeing Bright Spots

Checking in with folks at work today showed we all came through the storm without major issues. Many in the county still have no power. It may be another day or two for everyone to be back on the grid. It was good to tell our stories, laugh at the absurdity of things and realize that things went fairly well overall. The sunny day helped with this.

I'll admit to feeling a bit disoriented.Something unsettling still swirls around me. Perhaps it is the residue of the frightening night spent waiting for the storm to pass. It just may take a day or two to come down from that adrenaline rush. The physical reminders will be around the yard for a while but will leave bit by bit. Maybe that will make things feel a bit more settled. In the meantime, I can work at seeing the bright spots -- acknowledge the darkness, but note that isn't all there is right now. Another challenge, I guess. <smile>.

Song lyrics that note the importance of choosing positive approaches seems to fit some of what I'm feeling today. The tempo and melody are very upbeat. I love the voice of this R&B artist -- it fits the lyrics so well. Enjoy!

I Choose -- India Arie


No comments:

Post a Comment