Sunday 22 September 2019

Day 6 - 264 -- Cold Attacks

The cold predominated today. Coughing throughout the night created muscle soreness. Other achy-ness arrived, too. The fatigue was overwhelming. I suspect this is common for about Day 4 of a head cold. Things are altering a bit and  there should be improvement over then next few days. I rebooked the presentation I was to do tomorrow and will likely do the same for an appointment I have on Tuesday. The big event of the day was a short walk out to get some cough medicine after a chat with the pharmacist. She was very busy for a Sunday afternoon. I then walked to a restaurant and got wonton soup for supper. The hot soup helped with the congestion as did a shower. 

There is no cure for the common cold, but we do have ways of dealing with the symptoms -- pharmaceutical and home remedies. I find it interesting that this is only the fourth day of symptoms that generally last a week and a bit. It feels much longer. The symptoms are uncomfortable, but not excruciating. They do bring out the wimp in many of us, though <smile>. 

So -- other than feeling yucky and cranky, the day was uneventful. There was a song line and title that came to mind while I was mumbling to myself about my current condition. <smile>. Enjoy! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment