Tuesday 10 September 2019

Day 6 - 252 -- (Re)Moving stuff

It was a lovely bright sunny day. As I left for the office, my yard maintenance person was working away at blowing the leaves into piles. At the office, I worked through some of the last of the packing for the move later this week. When I left this evening, four larger boxes had been acquired to hold the journals in the magazine boxes. Two file boxes per large box provides a liftable weight <smile>, but makes for many boxes overall. It is a trade off -- much like the leaves in the yard were not many huge tree limbs.

I felt very jittery again today. Being close to moving from the building I've been in since I arrived on campus may be part of this stress. Losing that sense of home at work and in the yard at home, can lead to an unsettled feeling -- facing the unknown after leaving the known normal behind -- or that normalcy may actually be stolen from us, since little choice was involved in either situation. When I arrived home after leaving the office this evening, the yard looked wonderful. All traces  of the leaves that littered every square inch of the ground had vanished. The pile of larger tree limbs and the tree leaning on the neighbouri's roof remain, but the disruption from Dorian isn't fully in my face anymore. Perhaps the pile of boxes in my office once moved (and emptied) will not be so much 'in my face' either; the new location should begin to feel like my space once I finish with the piles of cardboard are removed for reuse or recycling. Patience with the process and with me might help reduce the 'off' feeling that surrounds me now.

A song that I ran through my head today is shared with you all. The lyrics present a need for harmony, something I've felt a lot recently. This song comes from an album I love and have since it was released. Enjoy!

Cleanup Time -- John Lennon




No comments:

Post a Comment