Friday 20 September 2019

Day 6 - 261 -- Positives in the day

Written a day late --

Yesterday was filled with many activities -- some necessary and some fun. I unpacked a few boxes and rearranged many of them to make it easier to unpack to shelves, filing cabinet or desk. That will be on the agenda for next week. I walked out to a meeting off campus after lunch in the great sunshine with far less wind than the past few days. That walk and the one back up to campus helped me to relax a bit. Discussion with IT helped clarify the lack of a functioning phone in the new office. It should be up sometime next week -- if all goes as planned. I also put a request in for a technician to help with the computer setup in the new office. Today the printers showed as offline, so I couldn't get anything printed for the weekend or the presentation on Monday. Access to a major system drive also has disappeared once moved to the new space. Very frustrating. So -- I hope that call won't take a couple of weeks as is often the case during busy times of year.

An evening out for dinner with friends brought relaxation with great food, much laughter and fun conversations. This was a belated birthday celebration. It is heartening to have a strong rapport with restaurant staff and owners. This doesn't happen as much when I've lived in larger cities. Once I got home from the evening festivities, I went straight to bed. Around 4 PM, my throat had felt dry. I decided it was due to dust in the new office. After dinner, the soft palette was clearly sore -- getting moreso by the minute. I hoped things would improve overnight, but didn't hold out much hope. So, the day ended on a less happy note, but that didn't diminish the positives I'd found in the day.

Thinking of a song today brought me back to all the kind and helpful people I encountered through the activities of the day and the good friends at dinner tonight. One word seemed to explain the day and that word -- dare I even tempt fate with it? -- is the title of a fun song. Enjoy!

Happiness -- from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown Broadway Revival 1999



No comments:

Post a Comment