Tuesday 24 September 2019

Day 6 - 266 -- Don't Push

Today we had cooler temperatures and breezes with cloud a light rain. I walked up to campus and back to move the last few items out of the old research office. I stored these in a friend's office until I can move them to the car and then to home or the new office. Once home again, I had a brief meeting with a writing partner. I then stopped to rest a bit and slept for three hours! This is an obvious sign that I need to continue to take it easy for a bit longer, even as I begin to feel better.

Weakness is part of the infectious process and with many viruses this lasts well past the active infection. I need to be prepared and not push in a big way -- even if I feel behind after taking a week in seclusion. Being kind to myself and not starting at full tilt boogie will mean over-riding some of my personal traits -- the binge work process that pushes to my limits and beyond. Tempering that routine thought will take much conscious effort.

Lyrics from a song match the pondering of the day -- finding a way to keep things up and on track when thoughts might push one in a different direction. Enjoy!

Don't Bring me Down -- Electric Light Orchestra




No comments:

Post a Comment