Sunday 15 September 2019

Day 6 - 257 -- Togetherness

After an extremely loud late evening last night, I did manage to get some sleep -- just not as much as I'd intended. I was up at 11:30 PM with music so loud it came through the ear plugs. I dressed for outside and went for a walk around the block, where I discovered the noise was from two separate houses -- one to the north of me and one to the east of me. I was wearing earplugs due to noise earlier in the evening, so this was not new parties, just louder parties. It seems that the more alcohol consumed the less one is able to hear <sigh>. Things did get quieter after midnight sometime and I fell asleep.

Today has been a pleasant day as I completed laundry -- way more to do since we had no power last weekend, when I usually do laundry. I had a good chat with a friend from across the country. Then, I watched some movies -- historical in nature (imagine <smile>). One dealt with Elizabeth I and another with George VI. They also played Apollo 13 today. I listened to these as I did shousehold tasks and ocial media catch up. There, I realized again that I am not alone in this world. People may not be physically beside me during challenges or celebrations, but they are there in spirit and virtually through electronic means. I have occasionally felt alone -- only for a moment -- so I need to think of those friends and family who are 'there' with me at those moments. Geography can be exciting, but also an impediment when people become scattered across continent(s). I've reflected often how lucky we are that we can be in contact in so many immediate ways instead of letters posted that took weeks or months to be delivered. So, we can be together in ways other than just in our heads and hearts.

A song title seemed to reflect what I was feeling as I read many messages today. The song has a great tempo. The lyrics discuss a relationship different than those I described, but the words define a similar form of togetherness. This video shows a young, fresh face <smile>. Enjoy!

We'll be Together -- Sting


No comments:

Post a Comment