Saturday 28 September 2019

Day 6 - 270 -- Creativity

Sunshine and blue sky filled the day along with slightly warmer temperatures. Clouds and rain with slightly cooler temps are on the say overnight. The transition season is in full swing. Besides the usual weekend household chores, I went to the local fall craft show and sale. Many new vendors and some wonderful regulars were present.  I looked for potential gifts, but had difficulty focusing on something specific. I found I smiled throughout walking the aisles. Being surrounded by so much creativity felt so positive and energizing. So many different products -- spices, soup mixes, re-purposed silverware, hand-crafted silver works, sand ornaments (with beach sand sources noted), handmade leggings, woolen clothes, felted paintings, wood working and gorgeous cupcakes. There was no shortage of items to catch the eye. I did purchase a baked treat for afternoon tea today and tomorrow.

The lovely walk in the sun and the time at the craft show helped elevate my mood. The fatigue is still there, but I felt happy being out among the people <smile>. The many talented vendors showed me the variety of ways to be creative. I use this blog to hone the imagination and creative writer inside me -- some days it works better than others <smile>. Many other projects in my head are creative works -- handiwork,  writing, and cooking to name a few. We are all creative in our own ways -- sometimes we just need to find it and the time to devote to it. Neither of those tasks is easy, but both are worthwhile.

A song line about my musings struck me into the afternoon. The song has been covered by many including the Rolling Stones, but I chose an earlier version  that feels more relaxed with great harmonies. Enjoy!

Just my Imagination -- The Temptations



No comments:

Post a Comment