Friday 13 September 2019

Day 6 - 255 -- New Writing Process

Triscadecaphobia. It is one of those days <smile> -- Friday 13th. It was sunny but cool. I spent the day working on a writing project. My writing colleague and I tried our first writing workshop together done by distance. We began with a Skype call to state our intentions for the two hours and then ended with a call stating where we'd gotten and what interesting ideas and thoughts we'd encountered in reading and writing. I think it worked well -- but this was the first time I've participated in this form of group writing. It seems to hold writers accountable and on task -- not a bad thing at all. I've heard of others on campus here opening such spaces for anyone interested in participating. I may try this with others, too. Writing can be such an isolating task, this might help with those feelings, too. so -- the day went fairly well despite the day and date.

I've felt tired for some time -- since the weekend storm when I stop to count days. I fall asleep but wake earlier than planned, so have less sleep and lest time for the brain to rest and recharge. The upcoming weekend will involve all the household tasks that didn't get completed last week due to lack of power. So -- extra laundry will be the primary target followed by further sweeping and dusting. I hope it moves along as expected.

The song chosen for today involves writing -- surprise! <smile> I found these lyrics intriguing and not unlike the thought process for any topical writing project. The singer was a treasure. Enjoy!

I could write a book -- Ella Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment