Saturday 4 July 2020

Day 7 - 186 -- Summer Saturday

Another cooler summer day with cool nights that help with sleeping. Many housekeeping chores were attended to today. In the afternoon, I had a lovely visit with a friend. We were outside in comfy patio chairs in a park-like area of the long term care facility down the street. We placed our chairs so they were distanced. The day was perfect to sit outside and chat -- so pleasant to catch up in person and not only on the phone or social media. In the evening, I attended a virtual concert that brought some smiles and had me singing along with a couple of the more familiar songs. A couple of things that created stress occurred, but I found ways to begin to manage it all. One of these was a walk where I saw some great flowers along the way. So, the day feels fairly good day overall. 

A song that came to mind for the first line of the song. I then laughed as the second line ran through my mind. That clinched it -- this was the song for the day. Several of other lines fit the thoughts of the past few months. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Saturday in the Park -- Chicago






No comments:

Post a Comment