Saturday 25 July 2020

Day 7 - 207 -- Lassitude

I was woken suddenly by a smoke alarm that lasted only long enough for me to get upright and heart racing. I had been in a deep sleep so was disoriented. I checked through the house to see if anything seemed off and found nothing. I wasn't sure if it there would be a repeat concert, so-- resettling didn't happen. Two hours later there was a weird noise outside the house, that turned out to be the landlord trying to seal the leaking gutters (eaves trough in some regions). I learned this when he rang the doorbell. He was back unannounced in the afternoon, once the area had dried, which made me look around again to figure out what the noise was. So, the rude awakening followed by other stress-inducing noises led to a bit of anxiousness on and off all day. Never a dull moment, it seems.

For my outing, I headed to Main Street for quick errands. I purchased some disposable masks as back ups and to have around should a someone come by to work inside the house but not bring their own mask. Other items were grocery in nature -- eggs and cookies and such. <smile> The air was wet and heavy while the sun was very strong and hot. The next week will be pretty much like today with little cooling overnight. Summer in the Maritimes. <smile> Laundry was completed along with a couple of other weekend chores, which leave lots more for tomorrow. Just living the dream <grin>.

The world weariness of late has been telling in people all around -- but this misery isn't happy to have company <sigh>. The selection today describes the feeling well. <smile>  Stay safe. Enjoy!

I want to be sedated -- The Ramones


No comments:

Post a Comment