Tuesday 21 July 2020

Day 7 - 203 -- Hot, Hot, Hot

Today felt hotter than Hades as the day progressed. Temperatures did begin to drop around 6PM -- it will be cool enough to sleep well tonight. Warmer days are expected for the rest of the week, but not the low 30s temps with higher 30s feel like temps of today. So, it will be hot, just not smoking hot. <smile>

My day was mainly indoors with two online meetings to deal with the presentation for a virtual conference being held next week. Lots of work and practice left to do in the next week. My only outing was an errand that involved no encounters with people and a drive in a car with a/c. 

Summer heat has never been my favourite time of year. I like warm days (about 24C) with cool nights (mid-teens). I have encountered the tropical heat and humidity in New Orleans, Washington, DC and even NYC. Each has reminded me of Bangkok or Singapore -- too hot and way too steamy. Living by an ocean as I do now, similar type of weather descends during July and August. Growing up on the prairies, the air was drier. Wind often accompanied hotter weather such that going outside felt like entering a blast furnace. Overall, I find heat uncomfortable, which is why I love the transition seasons of  spring and fall.

I'm sharing a song with a title that fits the weather today. Stay safe. Enjoy!

99 in the Shade -- Bon Jovi



No comments:

Post a Comment