Sunday 5 July 2020

Day 7 - 187 -- Paperwork

Today household paperwork filled the afternoon. Some items completed and a couple others are almost done. Things took longer than expected, so other tasks on the infamous list will get moved forward into the next few days.

The items on the list for today have been hanging over my head for some time. I'm not sure why, but they seemed to huge to tackle. Getting down to it today took a lot of emotional energy. To finish one of the major items didn't provide the relief I'd expected, but perhaps once the other bits are done, I'll feel that. During a walk in the early evening, I listened to a playlist. Several songs in, the lyrics made me look up at the sky -- blue with wispy clouds. Then I saw a shrub that had deep red buds that were opening into tiny white flowers. Not sure what it was, but it was gorgeous. That is when I realized that I'd been looking at the ground as I walked and not paying attention to what nature had to offer today. That song lifted a weight and helped me feel a bit perkier <smile>

Today is the 77th birthday of Canadian Robbie Robertson. In the 1960s, he was part of The Band and toured with Bob Dylan. I'm sharing one of my favourites written by Robertson. It is sung by a great voice -- Levon Helm. The title reminded me of what music had removed for me today. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

The Weight -- The Band


No comments:

Post a Comment