Saturday 18 July 2020

Day 7 - 200 -- Searching and Seeking

Today I spent time hunting for things -- files, objects my sanity <smile>. For whatever reason, some objects have squirreled themselves away somewhere bizarre, since they are not where expected and even in many very unexpected places. The files meant searching drives to no avail. One hard copy of a document was not on the shelf or in the file cabinet where it should have been BUT this one had been scanned earlier and with a huge search of the hard drive, the files were found. So -- one out of many with a happier ending today.

Searching for items that should be where we expect them only to discover they aren't there can be maddening. I've hunted for books on the shelves sure that I knew the colour of the binding only to discover that the binding was white and the cover -- which can't be seen when lined up on a shelf -- was the colours I was hunting for. Memory plays tricks. Some things I've had at home and we all know I haven't been going elsewhere very often and certainly not with research papers. So why are things not where the should be? It is one of life's mysteries, for certain.

A song lyric came to mind that deals with items we have determined to be 'lost'. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Where the Lost Things Go -- Emily Blunt


No comments:

Post a Comment