Sunday 9 May 2021

Day 8 - 128 -- Quiet, Peaceful, Calm

Saturday brought colder temperatures and rain during most of the day. This will help the plants and lawns to germinate and grow. A bit of warmth and sun will help, too. My day was rather mundane and filled with laundry, cleaning, and gathering garbage and recycling. Between household chores I watched some recorded TV episodes and rested a bit. Other than the noise of the rain on the roof, it was a quiet day. 

Sometimes quiet days bring relaxation; other times they bring anxiety. I've experienced both. Luckily, today was one of the former. Silence can be restful but it can also allow thoughts to swirl into places of stress. Days like today, though, provide space for de-stressing. I even had a short nap that helped me feel a bit refreshed. 

Today quiet was my friend. <smile> The selection today reflects the relaxing aspects of quiet times. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

So Quiet in Here -- Van Morrison



No comments:

Post a Comment