Monday 24 May 2021

Day 8 - 144 -- Intense Cleaning and Thinking

Today was sunny but cooler so the house didn't get too warm for intense housework. I did a deep clean vacuuming that took longer than I'd expected. I followed that with another load of laundry and kitchen cleaning. Could this be some weird spring cleaning frenzy? Hmm

I strongly dislike cleaning, particularly vacuuming, I thought that I could do the two rooms most in need today and leave the others for another day. Instead, I found myself forging onward. I'm not sure if this was a way of just getting it all done now with no 'later' involved. It almost felt like a competition, though I'm not sure with whom. <smile> I wouldn't let the machine or task get the best of me today. That seems a bit weird to me -- like competing with myself really. Either that, or anthropomophizing went over the top today. <grin> I've seen this in others when it comes to fighting with software. They stick with it far too long trying to best the inanimate. Perhaps this was my day. To anthropomorphize the vacuum or the task itself could lead to a metaphor of sorts. Did this task represent some other aspect of life that I'm railing against? Something I refuse to let best me? Goodness knows there are many such things filling my daily thoughts with the pandemic and all its trappings near the top of the pile. Did my pushing through the literal heavy lifting today show me that I can prevail with other more figurative difficult tasks? Lots to unpack there. 

A line of lyric from here or there could fit for the selection today, but the rest of the song just didn't. So, I chose one that fit the best for the pondering of the day. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Fight Song -- Rachel Patten




 

No comments:

Post a Comment