Friday 21 May 2021

Day 8 - 140 -- Into Late Spring

During the cloudy morning, I walked out to the drug store to pick great raisin bran muffins that arrive from the bakery down the road at noon on Thursdays. I was there on Friday morning last week and none were to be had. So, this week, I bought two packages so have an even dozen in the freezer. By afternoon, it quite sunny. I had a virtual chat with a friend who was sitting in her sun room. 

The whole day had a damp feel to it. A friend in Ottawa told me today that it was very hot with humidex into the high summer range. Uncomfortable. I hate the thought of humidity. Spring is much more pleasant than summer for me. I enjoy the summery foliage and sunshine with warm late spring days and cooler nights. Humidity and heat waves are nearly unbearable for me and the furry one.  This weekend -- a long weekend here -- often acts like the first of summer, even though the season will not change for another month. Meteorologists are looking already at the Atlantic for potential storms, since many named storms have begun before the official hurricane season start of June 1. So, the ugly aspects of summer are being waved in front of us now, just to ensure we are anxiously awaiting summer (heavy on the anxious aspect of that sentence <smile>). 

Speaking of summer anxiousness -- Summer here will bring second doses of vaccines. Mine will be in early August. Friends have dates in early July. This brings another anxious aspect of summer. While mainly excitement, there are the questions around vaccine supply and if dates will move forward or back. Most of these are unfounded fears, but with the weight accorded this milestone there are bound to be many anxiety-laden thoughts. 

Literally and figuratively the sun is on the way. This brings aspects that are wonderful and those that create some stress. Summer is part of the cycle, so I won't wish it away, nor will I wish to hurry it along. I'd like it to be warm but not scorching -- if I could place that order online somehow. <smile> I enjoy the version of the song shared today. This one has some surprises in the video. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Here Comes the Sun -- George Harrison ft. Ringo Starr, Phil Collins, Elton John, Ben E. King, and others



 



No comments:

Post a Comment