Thursday 27 May 2021

Day 8 - 146 -- Berries and Blood Moon

Temperature reached the hottest day this year -- 28C (82F)feeling like 33C (91F)! That is hot especially with no easing into this range. I really am not read for this weather this early. I pulled out more of the summer clothes and put away more of those for winter and spring. The furry one was less active than usual, but nothing like when we get a week of this with higher humidity. Tomorrow the temperature will drop back to seasonal levels. It is a transition season so the ups and downs are expected. 

The outing today involved curbside pickup of groceries. I ordered late in the afternoon and got the last pickup time in the early evening. They called an hour early to say that the order was ready for pickup anytime, so I got it about an hour earlier than expected. This week things went smoothly. They called about substituting for one item. I agreed with their option and all is good. The one weird thing is that I haven't been able to find strawberry frozen yogurt in either grocery store recently. Not even ice cream in that flavour is available. I'm not sure what is happening but may need to investigate that one a bit more. That is my favourite. The closest option was fieldberry. I bought it, but whether it works or not remains to be seen -- or tasted <smile>. 

One song popped into my mind today to deal with the berry mystery and the super blood moon in the sky tonight. This R&B version of a Springsteen song may entice us all to dance. <smile> to be hondst, the original version is bound to make you move, too. So, it follows below as a two-for today. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Pink Cadillac -- Natalie Cole


Pink Cadillac -- Bruce Springsteen



 

No comments:

Post a Comment