Tuesday 25 May 2021

Day 8 - 145 -- Thin Layer of Calm

I woke feeling positive about the day and the tasks planned. I became frustrated when the lawn service trimmed a lily struggling to survive -- for third year in a row. Yes. I have pointed to this plant each year to ensure that it isn't cut. It is the only pink day lily in the yard <sigh>. This event was followed by the virtual meeting platform failing to function as expected. It insisted there was no meeting planned for today. I had to return to the e-mail message I sent another participant and enter the meeting from that link. This should not be the case when I am the meeting manager. This has happened in the past, too. While the world will continue even in the face of these perceived injustices, I did not like how my mood changed so quickly. Flexibility or calmness appeared only a thin surface layer. This could indicate a tenuous hold on my ability to deal with disappointment today. 

As the day wore on, the calm began to return. I spent time with a virtual meeting with a colleague, household accounting, and online orders for groceries and other necessities. Refocusing on details of needed duties helped me focus my thoughts elsewhere. With time, I felt a bit better -- still irritated with the cutting of a favourite flowering plant, but better. The sunshine felt wonderful today, though the wind made wearing a ball cap difficult <smile>.  

A strange song fits the topic of the day. Be forewarned it isn't one of this band's best songs, and certainly doesn't display their pre-punk rock sound, but it made me laugh a bit. Hope it can do the same for you. 

Pictures of Lily -- The Who





No comments:

Post a Comment