Wednesday 12 May 2021

Day 8 - 131 -- Capture the Feeling

Today was interesting. I had a face-to-face visit with my MD for the first time since September 2019. We have met by phone to deal with prescription renewals but today was a real 3D person -- even masked it worked so much better. It made a huge difference to discuss things and manage health care. As always, he made me laugh as he explained his take on a treatment often suggested. His understanding of research studies and biostatistics were in line with mine, so I felt better when I left.  

Now, the medical office is upstairs from a major grocery store. Given my experience with small appliances that have chosen the lockdown for their exit, I chose to check the shelves at the store. The online purchase software noted that all but one toaster was "low stock" and would likely be need to be substituted with something else. Being in the building already, I thought choosing my own made the most sense. I found a toast that was about 35% off regular price, but kettles were not on sale. There were more kettles than toasters from which to choose. On the way to the checkout, I added a block of cheese and two tomatoes -- an odd cart load for sure. <smile> So, last evening I made a real piece of toast and used the new kettle for the evening snack tea.  

At the end of the day with the visit to the MD and the store and new appliances I felt better than I had earlier. If I could just bottle that somehow <smile> -- physically and mentally better. That reminded me of part of a song lyric that asked for something similar to what I was thinking. <grin> Stay safe. Enjoy! 

I Want a New Drug -- Huey Lewis & the News



No comments:

Post a Comment