Thursday 27 May 2021

Day 8 - 147 -- Nagging Negatives

The day dawned with twilight level light from the major cloud cover and intermittent very light rain. During the afternoon the temperature dropped by 10 degrees. Yesterday there was major heat and tonight some areas have a frost warning. I freely admit to liking the cooler overnight temps. In the afternoon today I ran some errands and then spent a while switching out the summer and winter clothes. Just living the dream <smile>. 

The gloomy outside found a way indoors. I tried to find something positive to lift my mood. Our new case numbers are down again -- a great direction. The next week may show some uptick, but we'll see. Vaccines for 12+ could be booked today. I read that wait times for online booking are long, which means that many people plan to be vaccinated -- definitely a good thing. <smile> 

Knowing that pandemic things are moving in a good direction provides hope that we will be able to open things a bit -- slowly, of course. I'd love to go for a drive to the cape and sit and listen to the buoy bells or to one of many beaches and coves where I could walk along and search for sea glass. Or just go see something different than my yard, grocery store or pharmacy. On the other hand, I just want the world to be safe soon so I can visit all the people I miss so much. I really don't know what it will be like to travel again. For that matter, what will a hug feel like after all this time? Some days life feels so odd. I read a post a while ago that summed up the way I feel. It stated, "Last year she survived. This year she will live." I have to hold onto that second sentence. It contains the hope for the future. 

While working through the nagging negatives today, I thought of a song lyric that deals with holding onto the hope. I smiled when I remembered that a past graduating class sang an altered version of this song for the faculty. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Don't Stop Believing -- Journey



No comments:

Post a Comment