Thursday 13 May 2021

Day 8 - 133 -- Reading the Sky

Sunshine with blue sky between angry dark grey clouds greeted me this morning. I wondered what  that might bring to the day -- harbinger or hope? Perhaps that should have read -- hope or harbinger <smile>. Putting the emphasis on the negative happens more often than not recently. I canceled a meeting due to the continued lockdown and some allergy stuffiness and headache. I worked through some mail and email and had a short rest in mid-afternoon. By late day I was feeling better and had a great chat with a friend. The dark clouds disappeared by early evening. I took a short walk to the pharmacy to pick a prescription and bread. On the walk home, I encountered a neighbour and we had a good chat. 

Speaking with others whether virtually or in person can help boost my spirits most days. Friends and store staff often make me smile and laugh. It feels almost normal some days even if we are distanced and masked. Days can be dull and grey when I'm at home without other people. Online visits keep us in touch with each other. Picking up groceries curbside or one or two needed items at a store help to maintain some degree of social niceties -- small talk and manners. 

The sky changed from grey to blue with increased sunshine today. Interestingly, my mood changed as the day wore on, too. A song released earlier this year highlights how I felt and mentions the sun as a positive metaphor. The mother-daughter duet on the chorus is great. Enjoy! Keep safe. Enjoy!

Cover Me in Sunshine -- Pink & Willow Sage Hart



No comments:

Post a Comment