Monday 17 May 2021

Day 8 - 137 -- Inflated Plans

The week began with morning sunshine and heavy cloud in the afternoon. Little rain fell and only a few rolls of thunder appeared in mid-afternoon. I enjoyed a weekly phone call with a friend that helps me to connect outside myself a bit more. in the evening, an impromptu call from another friend brought updates on our lockdown lives. Other than the conversations, I cleared some e-mail and sent some new ones for two different projects. Recycling was prepared and delivered to the curb. An extra bag went out this week containing papers from a decluttering project. I hope to do one extra bag every other week, when the recycling pick up occurs. <fingers crossed>  I cooked a nice dinner. 

It hasn't been a busy day filled with accomplishments, though there certainly are a number of things on the list that need attention soon. I have plans and wake up thinking I'll get through more than I actually do by the end of the day. That may be an artifact of the lockdown, ongoing isolation, or plain old procrastination or seeing it all as 'work' <sigh>. Today was a good day, as several things received attention, so I will call it a win. The song I share today reflects the weather we had today and maybe some of the inflated work plans that just didn't get finished. I love the rhythms of this one. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Heavy Cloud, No Rain -- Sting



No comments:

Post a Comment