Thursday 13 May 2021

Day 8 - 132 -- Lawn Colours

It rained overnight and the day was cloudy and damp. I had two virtual meetings so was in contact with other humans for a short while. Early evening brought some blue sky and a bit of sunshine -- enough that I needed a ball cap and shades. I headed onto campus at a time when anyone who had been there would be gone. I got my mail and did some necessary printing. I heard no one else in the place. That was good, since I really didn't want to encounter anyone just yet. Our new case numbers are coming down slowly, but are still high. The lockdown had been for two weeks, meaning it would have been over today. It is in place until the end of the month, at least. 

Getting out of the house the past two days has been refreshing. I saw the magnolias in bloom and the first flush of the spring dandelions. The latter are sneaky things. The lawn was mowed yesterday, but the yellow flowers are able to lay flush with the ground so they miss the mower blades. When I saw that they were all standing tall again, I knew they'd get taller before the mow next week. I don't worry much about them as they are everywhere in town and county. A few folks apply chemicals to the lawns to kill the yellow scourge, but I refuse. They last for 2-3 weeks and support bee colonies. So, I live with them until their time is up for the year.

Thinking of the mowing the lawn today brought up a song from way way back. It made me laugh and certainly is very different than what I'd been pondering today.  Keep in mind that the local radio station when I was a kid


played country and western only. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Who's Gonna Mow your Grass -- Buck Owens

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment