Monday 13 December 2021

Day 8 - 246 -- Revisiting a Wish

The beginning of the week brought more news of positive test results on campus with a total of about 172 cases all told to date. Many restaurants and businesses on Main Street have closed during this outbreak -- a time of year when they rely on increases in sales <sigh>. Some slight changes to masking, distancing and gathering limits will come into force at the end of the week. Rapid test kits will be distributed through libraries across the province. The Chief Medical Officer of Health strongly encouraged people to do a rapid test before traveling elsewhere during the holidays. It was reported today that the new cases included both delta and omicron variants. 

On the plus side, it was a lovely sunny day. I did a curbside pickup for groceries and went for an early evening walk to see holiday light displays around the neighborhood. I thought about the positives of the past year noting that the current situation will pass and that we have done all of this before and it does curtail spread of the virus. 

While walking, a song came to mind that fit my situation a year ago. I did get what I wanted with four new items rather than two. <smile> This thought made me laugh. I like the song version shared for the smoothness of the voice and the soothing rhythm. Keep safe. Enjoy!

All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth -- Nat King Cole





No comments:

Post a Comment