Thursday 30 December 2021

Day 8 - 363 -- Old and New

 Well -- it is the penultimate day of year. I spent 1.5 hours running errands at two stores on Main Street -- right behind the house. I did stop to chat with a neighbour for 20 to 30 minutes and converse with the dog, but the whole thing took longer than I expected. I did have to wait at the checkouts at each place, but I got all things on the lists -- a good thing. I made a batch of red beans to have on New Years Day. I will make a spinach dish, too. Red beans, rice and greens are said to bring good luck in the new year.  I'm doing all that I can to help make this a great year. <smile>  I did some final edits to the book review that was due today. The online submission process was a bit confusing. I submitted the file and answered questions that seemed not to be focused to material reviews but to original research articles. I also sent a note to the Book Review Editor to say that I will happily provide things that may be missing when they are back in the office in the New Year. All that typed here to say that I got one more large item off the 'to do' list <smile>. 

Many months back, I read a statement that has stuck with me. It sounds like it might have been from a year ago, but it could have been less -- time being as fluid has it has been for almost two years. Anyway -- the message stated -- "Last year she survived. This year she will live." Yes! That is what I have been more than ready to do. I got some bits of life into the past year and hope that the next year will allow for more of the same. COVID is with us for the long haul. Learning to live with it in our surround is necessary for any of us to move forward. 

The song that came to mind today is by a Canadian singer-songwriter who plays piano and is from western Canada -- Winnipeg actually (where I went to grad school the first time). The lyrics present a positive point of view about the future -- a great mind set. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

This Year -- Chantal Kreviazuk



No comments:

Post a Comment