Sunday 19 December 2021

Day 8 - 252 -- Sharing Wishes

A gentle snowfall left about 5 cm (2 inches) of snow covering everything today. Little wind was present so the large fluffy snowflakes fell almost straight down. Staying warm inside, I finished the laundry and the Christmas cards. The cards will be late, but should be to people by New Year or Julian Christmas. It feels good to have that finished. It will be wonderful to drop them in the mail box tomorrow. 

I enjoy receiving cards and love sending them. I thought when I retired that I'd get things done 'on time'. A friend and colleague noted that even when retired, there are still only 24 hours in the day. <smile> So very true. Managing expectations can be difficult. I often under-estimate how long a task will take. Then when I find myself only getting through one or two items when I thought I'd do three or four, leaves me with a feeling of ineptitude. Even tasks that I enjoy, get shoved aside some days as I tend to do nothing on my list. Now, I recognize that the infamous list does not contain all that could be done. so why do I feel frustrated with myself when I did something else instead? Some days one needs to just relax and unplug. Even when retired <grin>. 

The selection tonight goes for a deep dive into past recordings. The song may be a bit trite by today's standards, but the sentiments fit what I was thinking as I worked on the Christmas cards today. It is a wonderful time to share best wishes with friends, family and community verbally, electronically or with a card. The lyrics also mentioned softly falling snow -- just what was outside my windows today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

My Christmas Card to You -- The Partridge Family




No comments:

Post a Comment