Wednesday 8 December 2021

Day 8 - 341 -- Stars Aligning?

Customer service encounters today went well, save the one in-person experience. That one seemed reluctant to tell me the options for shipping, while that is part of their SOP. The first good encounter came from the agent at that company's toll free number. He listened and found ways to laugh at the absurdities of the in-person clerk. He explained the different levels of shipping options completely so I will know what to ask next time through the process locally. I called two other companies -- one for a missing order item and one for a warranty replacement item. The first went quickly with pleasant conversation. The second was stellar <smile>. The service rep asked if I wanted to sing a Michael Buble Christmas song while waiting for the software page to load. Then, while waiting for the final processing of the return and replacement, he sang part of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Between the musical interludes, he spoke of Canadian actors that he admired. When I asked where he was located, he told me he was in Tennessee! So, perhaps we are turning the corner on the negative service experiences -- or the stars are aligning in my favour for a change <smile>.  

Lately, I've been meaning to write a note of explanation for readers. Each day I write notes and parts of a blog. These don't always get polished and posted on the day. There are unremarkable days that don't lead to writing something cerebral <smile>. In fact, I feel there have been more of these type of days recently. Often a song hits my consciousness during the day, which sparks an idea for the blog. On other days, I find I've focused on a particular idea and have to ponder the right song to fit with that day. During December, this can be even more challenging, since I challenge myself  to share seasonal music selections. All this is to outline why some days several blogs appear and on other days none appear. I apologize to anyone looking for the daily blog only to discover that it wasn't finished on that day. I will promise, though, that it will be posted as soon as possible. <smile> 

The chosen song came to mind when on the phone with the musical customer service agent. I like this one for the Canadian connection -- artist and the lyrics about tickets <grin>. It is a fun song with altered lyrics that helped me to smile more today and the rhythm helped me to relax. I hope it can help you, too. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Santa Baby -- Michael Buble




No comments:

Post a Comment