Thursday 16 December 2021

Day 8 - 249 -- Music to Bake By

A morning phone meeting began the day. After that I headed out to Main Street for a quick stop at the pharmacy to get bread and such. The temperature warmed through the day and are expected to continue to rise overnight. Tomorrow we should hit double digits (Celsius) and then we will head back to more seasonable temperatures closer to the freezing point. I took a quick walk this evening since the dampness shouldn't turn to frozen ground cover or slick sidewalks when it is warmer. That can be difficult to detect in the dark. Trust me on this one. <smile> 

In the background this afternoon was one of the many versions of A Christmas Carol and different version of the Nutcracker with a story narrator and a symphony orchestra. That was interesting. It got me humming some of the dances from the ballet. The orchestra played parts of the ballet score and other compositions by Tchaikovsky. To me, this sounded like Christmas. <smile> 

I baked some muffins this evening and thought of one or two other sweet items I would enjoy making for the holidays. That brought my head back to the ballet, so I chose to share a segment from the larger production. However, this version does not involve a symphony orchestra <smile>.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy -- Pentatonix





 


No comments:

Post a Comment