Saturday 18 December 2021

Day 8 - 351 -- Glimmers of Hope

Technology has been doing odd things of late. Video platforms have acted weirdly freezing up or disconnecting.  A friend sent an errant thumbs up to me by direct message today. We had a conversation when she apologized for the error -- that made me laugh. I told her of my confused, semi-awake experience this morning because her mistake was nothing in comparison. I woke this morning in response to message notification sounds -- then when checking the message something happened and the tablet made a video call -- woke the soul at the other end. I wasn't even awake enough to stop the process. Feeling inept, frustrated, mortified and so much more. <sigh> 

After some indoor household chores, I went for a walk. It was ... brisk -- that's the word. The chilly air gave me a cold nose and cheeks. The walk was invigorating, but very quiet -- few other people were out walking and not many cars around, either. It reminded me of the first few weeks of the pandemic, when I often encountered no one else when out for my daily constitutional. Today people must be hunkered down waiting for the current outbreak to pass. I fully understand that. I'm planning a couple of curbside pickups next week, but am hesitant to go into a store right now. 

I've been looking for glimmers of hope these days, particularly as case numbers rise. This season brings much forward looking thought with hope as a central component. A beautiful melody line ran around in my head today. The lyrics describe hope for all. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Someday at Christmas -- Stevie Wonder



No comments:

Post a Comment