Sunday 5 December 2021

Day 8 - 337 -- Morning Surprise

Surprise! When I looked out the window while making breakfast, I found a the world had turned white overnight. On shore flurries a left 5+ cm (2+ in) covering on everything in sight. This amount meant it needed to be moved. Since temperatures did not get above freezing today, the snow was lighter than I expected it might have been. It is far from my favourite job, but at least for this first of the season sunshine was present with just a light breeze. The main difficulty I had was pushing through areas with mud or leaf cover under the snow. The ground is so saturated and a couple of storms are in the offing to bring more rain.  

Much of my day after shoveling involved household tasks. The colour outside the windows, though, dominated my thoughts. This part of the world has a 50:50 chance of having snow cover on Christmas. I freely admit to enjoying the years without snow best. <smile> A song came to mind, but I chose a great cover of this one -- unexpected cover, in fact. This one is fun. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

White Christmas -- KISS



No comments:

Post a Comment