Thursday 23 December 2021

Day 8 - 356 -- Draft, Sunshine, & Cabbage

The sun shone this morning! It was delightful to have sun streaming through the kitchen windows with large patches on the kitchen floor. Most of the remaining snow left with the rains overnight. Temperatures will fall with below freezing levels as daytime highs over the next few days. 

The day has been  reasonably productive. Most of the day was devoted to writing a book review that is due soon. I have a solid draft that I'll now let sit for a couple of days before revisiting it for further edits. Into the evening, I made a batch of cabbage rolls that will sit in the fridge to let the flavours mature. Tomorrow they will be portioned and put into the freezer for future dinners. I may even have them with some perogies for Christmas Eve dinner. Between these two major activities,  I did some small cleaning chores. It felt good to get some major things struck off the 'to do' list today. <smile> 

A favourite Christmas song is shared tonight. I love the a capella format. The harmonies are lovely and the singers may surprise some readers. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Riu Chiu -- The Monkees

 



No comments:

Post a Comment