Friday 24 December 2021

Day 8 - 357 -- Santa Riding the Wind

Today was brought to you by the word WIND! Sunshine and blue sky accompanied colder temperatures and the wind seemed to want to argue. When I went out for a quick errand and short walk at midday, the temperature was -11C/12F and the wind made it feel like -21C/-6 F. I bundled up big time and stayed warm. I didn't remove my mask as I left the store because I didn't want to expose my hands to the cold air. The mask helped my face stay warm -- a good thing. <smile> The wind created some major waves north and east of town today -- not a good day to be on the water. 

I spent time in the kitchen readying things for dinner tomorrow and putting cabbage rolls made yesterday into the freezer in single meal containers. I saved a couple to sample for supper with perogies. YUM! I also added some shiny ornaments to the tree to reflect the lights. I don't want to disappoint Santa when he arrives <grin>  And, I'm keeping track of him with the NORAD site. 😉  

The selection for the day seems fitting for tonight. The three big names sound wonderful together. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Old Man's Back in Town -- Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood 



No comments:

Post a Comment