Sunday 5 December 2021

Day 8 - 338 -- Unearthing Cool

Today was an indoor day. I'm still not used to seeing the absence of colour outside my windows. Among a number of household cleaning chores, I began the indoor holiday decorating. The tree is up but without lights for the next day or two. A few other bits of decor have found their way out of boxes, but more will move from storage spaces in the coming week -- almost like an archaeological dig. 

I don't go all out and cover all surfaces with holiday themed stuff. I have Christmas towels for kitchen and bathroom, a gorgeous embroidered luncheon cloth to put on the dining room table and a fun runner for the buffet. A Christmas themed cushion cover that I got in Thailand years ago, fits into the living room decor. Poinsettia glasses that were my Grandmother's are put to use at this time of year, too. It can be fun to get the place decked out a little bit -- Cool even. 

A song ran around my brain today. It is one that brings a smile. I chose a version by one of my dad's favourite musicians with a very distinctive singing voice. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Cool Yule --Louis Armstrong

 


No comments:

Post a Comment