Sunday 5 December 2021

Day 8 - 336 -- Decorating Begun

My outing for the day took be to do a curbside grocery pickup and a visit to my MD. I then picked up four items that were in the store but not on their online database -- so frustrating. That was a quick stop on the way out of the MD office in the same building. The wind was wild today and temperatures dropped as the day progressed. The forecast includes a threat of on shore flurries overnight due to the winds and colder air. I wore extra layers for my evening walk tonight, which helped a lot given the wind chill factors. 

In the afternoon, I hung the wreath I'd purchased a couple of days ago. It resides between the mailbox and the porch light fixture. It dresses up the front just a bit and makes me smile. So, the decorating has begun. There will be more decoration added over the next few days, but that is indoor work. Adding some of the traditional decor mixed with some of my personal items gives the season a festive feel -- albeit rather eclectic in places. <smile> It can brighten a mood and help ground a person. 

I thought of a song from a musical that addressed the role that decorating can play in lifting spirits. I chose a fun cover by a great acapella group. Keep safe. Enjoy!

We Need a Little Christmas -- Pentatonix 



No comments:

Post a Comment