Thursday 3 February 2022

9-34 (3/2/22) -- Crazy Drivers

I drove along Main Street this morning with parking on both sides and two to three feet of snow and ice blocking the actual parking area. Still many cars drove in the two two lanes for traffic, which was very crowded. Many were not driving in the same path as the car in front of them, so they were over the centre line and making those in the other lane tuck in as close as possible to the parked vehicles. A crazy experience today. In  the end, the street parking that I had planned to use once off Main Street wasn't safely out of the drive lanes on the other street, so I just headed home, ate lunch and walked up to the business to pick up my package. That walk was much like driving -- lots of ice and melting ice creating slippery walkways with deep puddles. and no where to dodge the spray from cars driving through puddles on the street. It was a huge obstacle course.  

When driving today, I said that this was like driving in Bangkok. Now, I haven't driven in that city, but being in a taxi coming in from the airport was wild. The two lane highway had five or six lanes with drivers making more as any tiny bit of roadway opened up. It was harrowing to say the least. That brought to mind the wild roundabouts in London, where cars and buses go careening around the circles mostly avoiding crashing into each other. The idea of everyone for themselves seemed to run through the experiences I encountered or recalled today. 

While driving down Main Street I decided that the song today would be by this band. Then when walking to errands, I was reminded that my winter boots work very well with frozen ground cover but when ponding begins, they leak in a few places. <sigh> That secured which song by the band fit best today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Hole in my Shoe -- Traffic

 


No comments:

Post a Comment