Sunday 27 February 2022

9-57 (26/2/22) -- Super Cold Evening

Guess what! Early in the day, I shoveled snow -- about 12+cm (5+ in). There was a lot more out there than expected from the forecast. Considering I had moved a fair bit of snow yesterday, the larger amount moved today was more than I'd had in mind. <smile> The snow was mainly light so was much easier to move. I still have the car to uncover, but that will wait for another day. The sun shone most of the day, which helped make the process more palatable. 

I headed out to supper at a friend's home in a small group of four. It was a fun evening to visit, chat and laugh. I walked over and back. The trip home was decidedly colder than the trip to dinner. My quads felt the cold as I've rarely felt at this end of the the country. Prairie cold can create that discomfort and on the very cold days, the back of the thighs just above the knee would feel very cold, too. Tonight It was mainly the front with some minor impact to the back of the thigh. It was cold! The walk invigorated me after a wonderful meal, though -- enjoyable exercise despite the temperature. 

I chose a cover of an older song  to share. It deals with winter temperatures but holds onto the positive knowledge that seasonal changes will arrive. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Looks Like a Cold, Cold Winter -- Ingrid Michaelson


 



No comments:

Post a Comment