Friday 25 February 2022

9-56 (25/2/22) -- Sparkling Snow

Today was grey and cold again. Surprise it is Friday which seems to be storm day for 2022. <sigh>  Snow began in late afternoon and is to continue through this evening. I shoveled 7 to 10 cm (3-4 in) before a late supper. I walked out in the snow for take out supper. The sidewalks had a good 5-7 cm (2-3 in) so walking was slow to avoid slipping. The shoveling happened later when snow became heavier. There was little wind, so snow was not blowing around or drifting. There will be more to shovel tomorrow and the end of the driveway will be filled in by street and sidewalk plows by then, too. Tonight was cold. My hands got cold when walking and my toes got cold when shoveling (I wore warmer mittens to shovel).  On the up side, this won't last long since spring-ish weather will continue. 

While outside with the snow, the crystalline structure of the snow was highlighted by street lights. It was dazzling. The sparkly ground cover brought a smile and relaxed my shoulders. It looked magical. I miss the sparkling snow that we often see on the prairie due to colder temperatures. Even more exciting are the sunny days when the moisture in the air freezes so that you can walk through the sparkling air. Of course, those days are extremely cold, but it is worth a short jaunt outside just to marvel at the beauty of it all. 

The title and chorus lines of a song fit some of what I was seeing tonight. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Raining Glitter -- Kylie Minogue



No comments:

Post a Comment