Sunday 13 February 2022

9-44 (13/2/22) -- Practicing Kindness

 

Today was grey again with snow forecast over the next 24 hours. There will be more than enough to shovel tomorrow. The prediction is for 10-15 cm (4-6 in) of accumulation. So, enough to cover the ice and give a bit of traction until the rain later in the week transforms snow to ice again. It feels like we have been stuck in a revolving door, but that is part of the transition of the seasons. 

I did not accomplish much during today. Some bits of housework were tackled which makes the place look a little cleaner for now <smile>. Several items remain on the 'to do' list, though -- some batch cooking, deeper cleaning, de-cluttering corners and such. I did arrange a pickup time next month for donations to Diabetes Canada. They take clothing, linens, household items and many other things that are hiding in corners of the house --things that I no longer need or use. Such donations bring in over $6 million annually for the organization, which is used to fund research and education. The environmental footprint of reusing plays to my green roots. Besides, I now have a deadline for preparing boxes or bags that requires me to sort through closets and boxes. I hope this will be the impetus I need to begin the process. One box, bag, or closet a day should get me through a lot of stuff I squirreled away over the years. I will book another pickup date once they arrange the next dates when a truck will be our in our part of the province. 

There are many ways to give back -- even a smile for a stranger. <smile>. The lyrics from the selection today emphasize the potential impact of compassion and kindness. It sounds like a challenge to focus on caring for others, the environment and our communities. The group performing this song struck me as interesting -- a country music boy band. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

A Random Act of Senseless Kindness -- South Sixty Five


  

No comments:

Post a Comment