Sunday 20 February 2022

9-50 (19/2/22) -- Hammering Morning Alarm

The day has been bright sunny day with warm sun and temperatures just below freezing. I woke about 8 AM to the a morning alarm of hammers that sounded for all the world that they were coming from my back porch. When I looked, I saw men on the roof of the building out behind me. They had been up during the freezing rain event putting some cover on the peak area, so there must have been a leak indoors. Today, they were redoing shingles in that area. All was completed by noon.  They flatbed and covered trailers were loaded up with equipment, but were still there into the evening. I hope this doesn't mean they will be back early tomorrow morning <smile> Happily, today I got a bit more sleep this morning due to earplugs. <smile> 

I didn't do a lot of constructive activities today. We all have days like this, but it feels like I have experienced more than usual recently. Such days do little for my frame of mind since I feel somewhat useless on such days. Days like this are not without their positive moments, though. Today I cooked a couple of nice meals and got to visit virtually with a dear friend despite technology glitches. I even did a bit of work on a project for discussion at a meeting early in the week. I had a few more tangible tasks in the house that I hoped to complete, but these got moved into the next few days instead. 

A song came to mind when I thought of the workmen who woke me earlier in the day. It is a song that I've found relaxing since I heard an a capella cover many years ago. The version shared here is from an original demo by the songwriters -- one of the few I've heard with this vocalist. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Up on the Roof -- Gerry Goffin (vocal) & Carole King (piano)






No comments:

Post a Comment