Saturday 3 May 2014

Day 122 - changing perspectives

Today I went to my new research office space and did some unpacking with some great help for the heavy lifting <smile>.  I was not pleased with the need to move this aspect of my work out of the building that my main office is in -- too much travelling between buildings may mean less time spent on research in that space.

Well, today I saw things in a whole new way. The room felt bright and airy. The light is great with large north facing windows. The view is wonderful from the top of a hill out across campus and town. It may be a great place to write and work on data analysis after all. All it took was a bit of time and then seeing the space again in a whole new light. Getting to that viewpoint can be a challenge and to be honest, I didn't think I was there yet. When I opened the door of the office, it all changed instantly. Cool how that can happen and there you are in a peaceful place.

Today the song deals with change and fear of change. Enjoy!


Change -- Blind Melon


No comments:

Post a Comment