Tuesday 20 May 2014

Day 140 - remember the mantra

Well -- today had several phone meetings and a lot of time spent responding to e-mails. There will be a lot of this type of activity over the next 3 weeks as we get ready for the annual conference. I still have oodles of work in the paying job that piled up while working on the big report. So -- today  -- just two days after finding the calming mantra "time is on my side" -- I found myself in that vortex of overwhelming tasks. Which should I begin now? What needs to be done first? How will I get to all these smaller things so that the bigger things can be dealt with in time?  Can you say panic? <smile> The end result today was me doing less than I'd hoped as I couldn't get into a rhythm to move forward.

Now that I'm home and have been reading a bit and trying to wrap my head around some sort of list and order to the tasks, I find I am just so tired I can't think straight. I've come to find another mantra -- perhaps using both of these will help me move forward tomorrow. In the meantime, this is a darker song in some ways than I am really feeling, but the title says it all -- that will be mantra #2 <smile>. The song also made me smile as our students had done a parody of this for the faculty at the year end banquet a few weeks ago. Enjoy!

Don't Stop Believing -- Journey


No comments:

Post a Comment