Thursday 8 May 2014

Day 128 - just letting it go

Another sunny day spent mostly indoors writing the report. Moving forward slowly. Still a number of facts to chase down, but we'll make it as long as the software and hardware are with us <smile>.  During this afternoon, I was shoulder deep in paper and files when a file wouldn't open for me. I was on my way to a place of frustration, when I just walked away for a minute or two. When I returned, I'd resolved to not let software glitches mess up my rhythm -- perhaps I'd mumble a bad word, but then I'd move on <smile>.

I'm sharing a song that reminded me of this and similar feelings  --  inadequacy and frustration as well as 'just let it go'. It is a song written by Carole King (and Gerry Goffin) recorded by Eric Burdon and The Animals. It is sung here by another singer from my youth -- a great voice and arrangement. Enjoy!

Don't get me down -- Micky Dolenz (from King for a Day album)


No comments:

Post a Comment