Friday 23 May 2014

Day 143 -- Friday's here

It was only a four day week, but it seemed longer. There were too many things on the the 'to do' list and while some were completed, there are still oodles on that self-replicating list.  But, today is Friday and no further work will occur tonight.

Time spent with friends at the pub on the way home helped with relaxing. I stopped to pick up milk and an amazing wood-fired pizza for supper. The special tonight was out of this world -- marinated fiddleheads with red onions, green peppers and mushrooms. What a fantastic way to eat the local produce!  I'd never eaten fiddleheads until I moved to the maritimes. I recall being amazed that they were sold in bulk at the grocery store.  Most folks steam them, but I use them as the star in a veggie curry. The steamed and marinated ones on the pizza were a new delight.

The end of another week and some celebrating or relaxing is in order for us all. The selection today is a rarer one from a singer that I've featured several times in this blog. The song highlights the need to have time away from work. Enjoy!

Weekend Song -- Billy Joel



No comments:

Post a Comment