Thursday 15 May 2014

Day 135 - time to paint the town

Well -- the report I've whined about was submitted this afternoon with a group of colleagues in attendance to witness the official 'clicking' of the submit button. <smile>  It felt somewhat freeing and like a weight was lifted. It did leave a small bare space on my desk, too as I began gathering all relevant papers to house in the main office for future reference.

Submitting this reminded me of submitting theses of the past. This is accompanied by a great flurry of editing activity -- the polishing of the text -- which involves much angst. Yet, as I told someone today, there is a point at which any further tweaking is basically anal-retentive excess that adds nothing to the content. So -- this is when one has to submit the copy to the printer or to the cloud in the sky. Just let it go. I chose not to say much to my colleagues from other departments who are still in those final throes of polishing. I will celebrate with them tomorrow after the deadline has passed. I will admit our small department celebrations were a pleasant break and much deserved for all the work that went into completing the task.

So -- as I was walking home from the physio -- yep - a repetitive strain injury from mousing and typing non-stop for the past few weeks <grin> -- I had a smile on my face all the way. I was thinking of all the possible songs that fit this occasion. Choosing one wasn't easy, but I do like the way this song just celebrates life and being with others. Enjoy!

I gotta feeling -- Black Eyed Peas


No comments:

Post a Comment