Monday 4 November 2019

Day 6 - 307 -- Frenetic Pace

Monday brought much frenetic behaviour. Re-booking a regular appointment that I just found out about today - It is set for tomorrow -- took a bit of time and juggling the schedule. Trying to accommodate another request into the weekly schedule; this will occur, just not tomorrow. Arranging to attend another event took some patience to get through software glitches, but all was set by early afternoon. A highlight involved a great break with a colleague at a local coffee shop. I enjoyed the outing in the sunshine, though it was cold today.

Who thought retirement would be less hectic? <smile> Obviously, this isn't the case. I agree that I am doing some research work, but that really doesn't take all the hours of all my days. There are times when the work is more intense, but it isn't continuous. Many other household and personal tasks pop up. I do like having time to read things that aren't all work related. Just a fun novel brings relaxation on tense days. Today, a few chapters helped me feel calmer and able to cook and eat a decent supper.

Based on the hyper self talk that I'm sure entered my chat with a friend, one song only came to mind for the day. It made me giggle when I thought of it. The surprise is the performer. Enjoy!

Manic Monday -- Prince




No comments:

Post a Comment